[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

Platt Holden plattholden at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:50:55 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,

Right on. Why DMB and Arlo find it necessary to demean you at every
opportunity says more about them than they can ever say about you. Since
they love to offer psychological reasons for why people say the things they
do, I'll follow their lead and say the reason they savage you so much you is
fear -- fear that if they abandon their dependence on classical dual
reasoning (that many in the university consider to be the whole of
understanding) they will fall off the earth into insanity (just as Pirsig
described in ZAMM). Your response to them is exactly right -- restating your
core belief and brushing off their snarky remarks like feeble fly specks.

Platt