[MD] 10K Limit

rapsncows at fastmail.fm rapsncows at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 17 16:00:36 PST 2010

Platt,

Horse,
maybe I can save a bit of effort for you,

I can't tell you what is 10k exactly, I don't want to calculate it.
But, every email program I have ever used will do it for you.  You can
look at other's previous posts to gage, or you could save your draft and
see what the program tells you -  some gets added due to teh tags that
appear at the bottom too.

but, the point was, as I recall, that 10k was the limit for improperly
edited posts.  if you don't cut the unnecessary parts of previous emails
to which you are replying, then the 10k limit is enforced.  If the
editing is proper, I was under the impression that the 10k limit is not
imposed.  In fact, just yestarday (or was it the day before), I
submitted a 22k post that went through without a hitch - this was in the
"a-theism and atheism" thread.

so I think the point is, edit out unnecessary stuff from the emails to
which you reply and everything will be fine.

Tim

  rapsncows at fastmail.fm