[MD] Rorty and Mysticism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 12:56:58 PST 2010

[John]
> Yes, that is kind of what I'm saying.  What choice do I have?  I'm always
> realizing first-hand the nature of mind.  It's just what  I do, from moment
> to moment and day to day, without effort or taking lessons.  If I stopped,
> then I'd be somewhat removed from myself, and experience mind second-hand,
> right?  But that seems to be the tricky part to me.  That part that would
> take such work!   Experiencing mind first hand is just "doing what comes
> naturally." with no effort at all.
>
> [Mark]

Hi John,  well, I hate to have to be the one to tell you this, but you are
doing it all wrong.  Where did you learn that?  That seems more like a sissy
swagger to me.  Don't ask and I won't tell.  Haven't you been listening to
all the advice?

It starts with a little look on your face, you know, that surprised "I got
it" look.  Then you put your right foot in and shake it.  Put your hands
over your head and do a quick turn, got to keep cocky as you twist.  Then
there is that far away stare with the knowing smile,
one...two...three...four, and bow to your partner, but not too low.  Up
again, and it is the chicken prance as you leap and grab something from the
air and then stuff it in your ears.  Pretend that it is coming for you look
behind all the while tip-tapping your feet, and then thrust with ego.
 There, I think you've got it.  Don't forget, do it with aplomb as if you
are just pretending that you get it but you don't.  Next lesson will include
the "shooting the Christian" fandango, followed by "denial of the why"
waltz.

Dancing with the Mark

Moq_Discuss mailing list