[MD] a-theism and atheism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:06:19 PST 2010

Hi Tim,

[Tim]
> OF course I like a lot of what you have to say about separation.   And I
> want to encourage you here to.  But, I will say that I can't ascribe to
> a simple definition of thingyness, and, as such, I suspect you may have
> trivialized it.  Things separate things too; whether quality mediates.
> So 'separation' may be more complex too!
>
> [Mark]

This depends on how you want to approach it.  If you look at a book, there
is a separation between the letters and words.  If you listen to music,
there is separation between the notes.  One could say that such separation
adds to each, perhaps more than one would think (especially music).  Anther
way to look at it is not so much separation but as a background.  An analogy
here would be the screen on which a movie is projected.  Objects are not
trivial, but neither is the other side of perception.  Balance is good.
 Look for the separation.  We can certainly ascribe qualities to it (yes,
pun).  I have no problem with keeping things secret.  Dynamic Quality has
many properties which we can use.

It is just another way to approach Quality.

Thanks for the encouragement,
Mark