[MD] Rorty and Mysticism

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 09:36:41 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,
Yes, smiley faces are important.  There is a lot of seriousness around here.
 People pushing their agenda on what MOQ has to be.  There seems to be some
kind of ownership notion.  People can own Quality if they want, but making a
religion out of it with strict dogma is not for me.  How can one say that
something which cannot be defined must be a certain way?  Also, wherein is
the dictate that it cannot be defined?  Oh, well, I come across these types
a lot, fighting the Christians as it were and sending them to the lions.

When growing up in Colombia, my parents used to go to bullfights a lot.  I
guess it was kind of the colonial thing to do.  One day my father came back
with a big bull's head that he had gotten from a toreador and had it
stuffed.  He put it above a door so we would go under it when we entered a
room.  Looking back, I guess it was kind of surreal.  Aren't childhood
memories fun?

Cheers,
Mark