[MD] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Is this the inadequacy of, , the, MOQ?

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:13:42 PST 2010

Tim and Andre,

Before the action was the conceptualization of the action.  Before there is
any action, there is an understanding of the context of the action, a desire
for results from an action, a history which confines all action to known and
imagined possibilities.

> If it is 'to get out' you are correct. Get out and do. No wonder James
> rejected the 'In the beginning was the Word' and replaced it with 'in the
> beginning was the deed'(!)...and 'not in', correct(!)... stop the verbal
> (word) quibbling. You can think and argue all you like but if it doesn't
> make any difference in action, don't bother. As Phaedrus says, if a
> metaphysics doesn't improve the world a little, then don't bother.

"improve" is an idea.  Before there can be an action, there must be the idea
of improvement.  We get our ideas from playing with words.  The word is the
idea and the idea is a word.  Coming up with the right actions occurs after
we have come up with the right interpretation.  Getting off hot stoves isn't
that useful if you're just gonna bounce up and down on them.  You have to
have an idea of where to go, already in your brain, before you jump.

> Tim:
> Anyway, if it is produced at the front of the train, that which judges
> intelligence; and it is because intelligence is the top of the static
> structure; and if Dynamic Morality chooses amongst possibilities,
> plural: what is wrong with saying: 'I'm fine with intelligence arising
> of Quality'?
>
> Andre:
> I think that Dynamic Quality does not judge or choose anything. You do the
> judging and the 'choosing' based on your analogies which, hopefully, result
> in something better for you.

"Judging and choosing" are actions, "analogies" are words and wordifying.
 So do you not say here that the word comes first?

If so, I agree completely.

John