[MD] a-theism and atheism

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:28:05 PST 2010

That's the quote I was thinking of, Platt.  Thanks as always for having it
handy.

"What we tend to forget is that, unlike the European aristocrats they aped,
> the American Victorians were a very creative people. The telephone, the
> telegraph, the rail road, the transatlantic cable, the light bulb, the
> radio, the phonograph, the motion pictures, and the techniques of mass
> production—almost all the great technological changes that are associated
> with the twentieth century are, in fact, American *Victorian* inventions.

Now the value-added:

> Since the morally bereft intellectuals took over the direction of society,
> their ignorance of the creative force of Dynamic Quality has created the
> economic disaster the West finds itself in today. Codes of thrift and
> self-discipline disappeared years ago. Last time I looked, total debt in
> the
> U.S. exceeded $50 trillion. Thanks, intellect. A fine mess you've gotten us
> into.

We are the spoiled children and grandchildren of those thrifty and
hardworking creators, and we've been coasting on the capital of their
efforts for some time, but that capital is just about used up and our
children are going to have a tough time of it.

I agree completely, Platt.

John