[MD] What kind of ethical theory is the MOQ?

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:05:13 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,

I guess a better way to phrase my question would be to ask:  When you say
'I' are you pointing to something, or pointing to the change of that
something?

Available patterns are always changing and so is dynamic circumstances.
> If I am mindful, the better choice may become apparent, but there is
> absolute
> way of knowing for sure what is best.  There is no absolute best.
>
> How do _you_ decide what is the best patterns to choose in a given event?
>
> [Mark]
Yes, this was what I believe Steve was asking.  The brain part reviews what
is known as best it can, the emotional dictates part of choice, and the "I"
intuits the answer.  For this I need an "I" which does not change from one
moment to another.  It is also possible to view this experience as one of
watching a movie, but this lack of free will does not ring true, no matter
what intellectual arguments are presented.

Without your "I", what is making the decision?  If the "I" is ever-changing,
then when it is in the right place to make the decision?

Thanks,
Mark