[MD] Rorty and Mysticism

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:08:54 PST 2010

Matt said:
...So, why do you do it; just for shits and giggles?  Do you have any other tone than the ill-will that seemingly  drips on everyone? I've seen it once or twice over the years.  And it makes me think, gosh, we could begin an interesting conversation from here.  But it never lasts.

dmb says:
Why do you have to go there again? You're responding to the kind of post you're asking for. There was nothing ill-willed EVEN THOUGH it was about my concerns with being treated unfairly. How nice can a guy be about something like that.
Come on, Matt. Do you really think my present tone is so objectionable? Where is the ill-will in the post you're replying to? Isn't it more likely that old grudges are weighing things down? And even if my posts were dripping with profanity and abuse, they're still just words. I try to be sympathetic to these concerns, but I think I'm pretty good at using whatever tone is appropriate to the situation. Since I disagree with you, I use a disagreeable tone. Anything else seems like forced, fake pandering and I'm not going to do that. If that's a deal breaker for you then I just have to live with that.