[MD] Ah-ha Qua Ah-ha

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 09:50:01 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,

It is very easy to put things into models, that is why I think we do so as
humans.  Our brains are patterns and create patterns.  The endless cycle of
creation and destruction or the cycle of birth and death are repetitive
patterns.  It is hard to get away from them.  However, it is also possible
to conceive of an endless series of non repeating patterns such as are
created by numbers such as pi, or e, or the golden ratio.  These numbers
never repeat, but go on endlessly.  However, they can be modeled.  I am
modeling a thought with these words.

It is only human nature to model things, otherwise it may seem kind of
meaningless, our thoughts are not random, at least how we define those
things.  We like repeating motifs in music, or a repetitive drum beat (even
children will dance to this).  We also like harmonics, the solar system is
kind of a harmonic that we create with our math.  Temporary, is the theory,
but who knows for sure. (Harmonics and Models, I haven't see that title yet,
but I have never googled it.)  If the creation of models or repetition is so
inherent, there must be something divine in it.  It is quite possible that
we as humans are different from the rest of the universe, but I doubt it.
 What we create is what it is, no hidden reality since we are part (none of
this mysterious pre-stuff).  What we express is the way things are, we are a
part of the whole, not separate.  This is the Tao, we cannot isolate
outselves.

So, models or no models, we can view it either way, no models is a model in
itself.  The endless cycle of reincarnation is a Buddhist model.  Suits me,
but I don't care to escape from it.  Perhaps I am not suffering enough yet,
still waiting for that Karma to catch up to me...  And again, there are many
possible models we can think of....Quality anyone?

Mark