[MD] Ah-ha Qua Ah-ha

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 10:22:07 PST 2010

Hi Marsha,

> John,
>
> I understand the MoQ embraces contradiction.   So please explain
> what you are saying in this post.  Are you ready to accept unpatterned
> experience?  Or is that a contradiction?
>
> Marsha

I believe we embrace contradiction, only in transcending it.  We can't
embrace it by accepting it.  That's irrational (art that doesn't make
sense).

Unpatterned experience doesn't make sense to me.  I can't formulate any
useful conceptualizations at all using "unpatterned experience".  It doesn't
tie in to any useful thinking.   All experience is patterned in some way or
another.  The very term "experience" implies a realizable pattern.  Even a
chaotic mass of white noise, stands out against a background of otherness
and thus shows itself as a distinct pattern.

If you want to discuss this in detail, offlist or on, I'm quite willing and
somewhat primed by my reading in Scott Ryan's book, Objectivism and the
Corruption of Rationality, of the two main solutions of nominalism and
realism.

Take care,

John