[MD] Ah-ha Qua Ah-ha

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 11:47:52 PST 2010

Thanks for interrupting my football watching Marsha.  I'm sure you're doing
good things for my brain.

> Hi John,
>
> 'Only in transcending it.' is a mouthful.  'Beyond rational explanation' is
> another.

Let's chew on one mouthful at a time.  What I mean by "only in transcending"
is that a real contradiction only seems that way because of a taking things
at one certain level.  When contradictions are resolved by jumping to a
higher level, then I call that "transcending".  An example would be helpful
here, I know, but I can't think of any quickly.  :-)  If you want, I will
dig deeper.

However, "beyond rational explanation" implies a non-rational explanation
and by that I guess I'd posit an artistic explanation, or perhaps drawing a
picture by analogy.  Something which illustrates the limitations of
language.  And as you can see, those two terms are somewhat the same.

Your little post on "mediation as meditation" imeans to compromise to your
> liking,
> and 'embrace contradiction' means when it seems rational for you to do so.

Mediation doesn't mean compromise, it means something different and it
refers to "our" liking, not mine alone.  I'm refering to what Royce calls,
"Absolute Pragmatism" and in analogistic terms, think of a view of the
elephant with which all the blind men can concur.  Not because they are
being nice and comprimising, but because they have faith in the honesty of
their fellows and understand some greater contextual picture is needed in
order to embrace all their visions.

> You write "All experience is patterned in some way or another".  How do you
> know?

I know because that's my experience!

> It's quite possible you've never had but patterned experience.  All?  All?
>  All?  What
> comes next a 'therefore'?

Well, as Platt says, I could be wrong.  But it's awfully hard to imagine
how.

Yours as always,

John