[MD] Ah-ha Qua Ah-ha

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Mon Nov 29 11:08:46 PST 2010

Hi John,

I'm a skeptic too, and didn't even accept my own experience the
first time.  And 'watching thoughts flowing through consciousness'
was just amusing for many years before the significance of the
experienced dawned on me.

I miss watching football.  My husband was primarily a Raiders fan,
and would root for either the Giants or the Cowboys.  My son still
ridicules me for being the fan of "fiercest rivals."

Marsha

On Nov 29, 2010, at 1:34 PM, John Carl wrote:

> Hi Marsha,
>

>> Let's put it this way, you cannot accept the existence of unpatterned
>> experience
>> because you've never had such an experience.  I can accept your rejection.
>>

> Thanks for understanding, Marsha.  My extreme skepticism stems, no doubt,
> from my upbringing.  If I wasn't as skeptical and empirically-oriented as I
> am, I'd probably still be a good little Adventist, following the rules and
> trusting the words of others about pan-experiential entities.  But once you
> start challenging authority, its hard to know where to stop.
>

>> Sorry to interrupt your football game.
>>

> Now, now.  No need to be catty.  I THANKED you for interrupting, and
> besides, obviously you didn't really interrupt.  It's not like you showed up
> on my doorstep and tapped me on the shoulder.
>
> Tho I wouldn't mind if you did.
>
> John

___