[MD] The other side of reified

Jan-Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Thu Jun 2 14:39:20 PDT 2011

2 jun 2011 kl. 18.22 Marsha wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2011, at 11:08 AM, david buchanan wrote:
>
>> dmb says:
>> I'm saying you don't understand the quote you posted, which was from Wallace and about James.
>
> Marsha:
> Yet concerning the quote I posted YOU wrote:  "I'm pretty sure Wallace is wrong on that point."   You're
> pretty sure Wallace is wrong?   Is that pretty sure by "every intellectual standard"???   Hahahaha!

Marsha

I don't think you're funny. Your dispute  with dmb is very interesting as I can find examples of this in many places and situations. The ability to master the tools which can bridge over this valley of misunderstanding is very useful and I'd really would like to know what buttons to press to solve it.

I can sense a shimmer of seductive scent in Wallaces way of describing what he call the reality. It is opening a world of unresponsibility which I don't buy. The fact that QUALITY is yet undefined doesn't mean that it has no value.

I buy things that I like. I care for values. I like David's patience with you.

Please take care

Jan-Anders