[MD] The other side of Value

Ham Priday hampday1 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 5 10:51:45 PDT 2011

Mark --

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM,  "118" <ununoctiums at gmail.com> asked:

> Ham, would you say the our "attraction" to the absolute
> source can be considered to be spacio-temporal perception?
> That is, it involves movement?

I wouldn't rule it out, but I personally don't see physical dimensions as an
"attractive" value -- unless of course we're focused on pulchritude or the
structural design of nature.  Objective (experiential) reality is only a
representational projection of the affinity or attraction of the sensible
agent for the Absolute.  As such it manifests the subjective agent's
particular value orientation at the time of the experience, rather than pure
or undifferentiated Value.  For that we would have to dismiss the
spacio-temporal aspect and measure the whole of an individual's life
experience (what I call the subjective 'value-complement").

As an analogy, consider the value you realize while reading an engrossing
novel.  Each page presents new situations which you react to valuistically
in different ways.  What you feel emotionally and respond to intellectually
is constantly changing as you follow the story.  But once you have finished
the book, its "net value" is established and it thereafter represents the
book's overall value for you.

The novel 'in process' for each of us is our own life-experience.  Only when
it is completed can we determine our essential value-complement.  And that
is metaphysically significant because it's what we "take with us" from this
dimensional existence.

At least, that's my belief.

And thanks for asking,
Ham