[MD] The other side of reified

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Wed Jun 8 00:37:23 PDT 2011

Greetings John,

You are correct.  Alan Wallace's thinking, as reflected in his writing, is
elegant.  And yes, it is crucial to understand that pure experience is
free from any 'conceptual framework.'   That is the key, and I hope my
stating "not this, not that" echos my agreement with that statement.  I do
try to make it clear that my definitions and statements are propositions
and not absolute.

Many Western Buddhist scholars seem to write with a great clarity that
suggests caring for both the ideas being presented and all potential readers.
I'll mention a few:  Alan Wallace, Jay Garfield, David Loy, Jan Westerhoff.
There are others too.  It is a joy to read their books.

Marsha