[MD] Words and concepts

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Fri Jun 10 06:58:07 PDT 2011

Ron,

I prefer better 'pragmatic' with a small p.

"The Metaphysics of Quality is not intended to be within any philosophic tradition, although obviously it was not written in a vacuum. My first awareness that it resembled James' work came from a magazine review long after “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” was published. The Metaphysics of Quality's central idea that the world is nothing but value is not part of any philosophic tradition that I know of. I have proposed it because it seems to me that when you look into it carefully it makes more sense than all the other things the world is supposed to be composed of. One particular strength lies in its applicability to quantum physics, where substance has been dismissed but nothing except arcane mathematical formulae has really replaced it."

     (A brief summary of the Metaphysics of Quality, October 2005)

Marsha