[MD] cloud of probability

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:22:06 PDT 2011

Hello everyone

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Joseph  Maurer <jhmau at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Ham and all,
>
> A blind, deaf mute can't see or hear.  Does he have any way of defining his
> experience?  Maybe a definition of "metaphysics" is beyond words, outside of
> definitions, just experience.  The metaphysics of experience?

Hi Joe

Helen Keller comes to mind. In her autobiography, she writes about the
epiphany she experienced when her teacher ran water on one of her
hands while signing "water" on the other hand. It was as if the whole
world opened up to her that very instant. And yes, she was very able
to define her experience, afterwards. Before that moment though, no.
Still, we are all like Helen Keller in a way. We are born not knowing
what it is we are seeing and hearing. Only later do we make a
momentous discovery like Ms. Keller. But it is very rare for anyone to
recall that moment.

Thanks,

Dan