[MD] The other side of Value

Joseph Maurer jhmau at comcast.net
Sat Jun 11 10:13:00 PDT 2011

Hi Mark and all,

I do not agree that psychology is a metaphysics.  Psychology is a
metaphysics only by analogy.  Psychology is the discipline for studying the
manifestations of sentient beings.

Metaphysics is the study of order, including psychology. Evolution is a
description of levels in existence. Heroic enlightenment is beyond the usual
psychological levels and posits evolution to higher emotional and higher
intellectual levels for intelligibility.

The definition for 1 at an intellectual level, does not deny further levels
in the evolution of consciousness to higher emotional and higher
intellectual levels, the purview of heroes.

On 6/8/11 8:40 PM, "118" <ununoctiums at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
> I would take this a step further and say that psychology is a
> metaphysics.  Would you agree?
>
> Mark
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Joseph  Maurer <jhmau at comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Ham,
>>
>> The foundation for all learning disciplines like psychology is metaphysics.
>> You have to be able to learn to learn.  Metaphysics set the table.  I guess
>> I am a bit cynical from my brothers constantly telling me as a child that
>> girls don't think they feel.
>>

>>> Certainly emotional feelings are a component of value sensibility as they
>>> are in all experience.  Since Value is the affinity of the negated self for
>>> its estranged Source, the emotions involved are typically love, awe, or
>>> desire.  They express the state of the psyche on contemplating beauty,
>>> goodness or virtue which experientially represent our need for spiritual
>>> (i.e., essential) fulfillment and inspire us to seek their ultimate Source.
>>>
>>> I hope I've answered your question, Joe.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ham
>>>
>>> Moq_Discuss mailing list
>>> Listinfo, Unsubscribing etc.