[MD] cloud of probability

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:33:52 PDT 2011

dmb said:

...Yes, I've noted that part many times. That's the incoherent, contradictory part. Either it is stable or it is ever-changing. It's logically impossible to make both of those claims at the same time. It's nonsense.

Marsha replied:
Think its nonsense if you like.  I haven't been seeking for your approval of my definition.

dmb says:
That's pure evasion. It's not about getting approval from anyone, although I'd certainly feel embarrassed and ashamed to do what you're doing. Guess that's just me.
Are you sincerely telling me - and everyone else - that you see no problem with your definition. You really don't see how your definition is logically impossible? You really don't see that "stable" is the opposite of "ever-changing"? Why not define them as eternal and fleeting, freezing and infernal, infinite and limited? What the heck, let's define all concepts with a jumble of contradictory terms so that nothing means anything anymore and we can just choose the "right" words based on their length or their ability to rhyme with things I like to eat.

Two questions for you. 1) Ever that story about the tower of Babel? 2) Where did you learn to talk?

Again, definitions are the foundation of reason. You can't reason without them.

stable 1 |ˈstābəl|adjective ( -bler , -blest )not likely to change or fail; firmly established : a stable relationship | prices have remained relatively stable.• (of a patient or a medical condition) not deteriorating in health after an injury or operation : he is now in a stable condition in the hospital.• (of a person) sane and sensible; not easily upset or disturbed : the officer concerned is mentally and emotionally stable.• (of an object or structure) not likely to give way or overturn; firmly fixed : specially designed dinghies that are very stable.• not liable to undergo chemical decomposition, radioactive decay, or other physical change.