[MD] Words and concepts

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Sun Jun 12 04:18:16 PDT 2011

Marsha

While I'm sure Arlo will be flattered, the reason that Dave spends so
much time on what you say is because, over the years, you have managed,
consistently, to misunderstand Pirsigs MoQ.
You seem to have a very good grasp of Bo's MoQ, Marsha's MoQ, etc., etc.
However neither of the aforementioned (or the etc.'s) appear to have
much in common with the MoQ as described by Robert M. Pirsig and this, I
believe, is the point that DMB is trying to convey.
He (and others) also needs to spend that amount of time because (as with
Bo previously) you are spending more than a reasonable amount of time
promoting a misinterpretation of Pirsigs MoQ on a forum that is here to
discuss Pirsig's MoQ.

Still, as Dave says in another post, it has given him (and a few others)
the chance to defend the MoQ against the sort of misinterpretations that
could (and does in at least on case) cause confusion.

Horse

--

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
— Frank Zappa