[MD] cloud of probability

Jan-Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Tue Jun 14 01:25:03 PDT 2011

Hi Dan,

I think you contradict yourself when you first say that there are no dynamic patterns and then later whine at the U S real estate market.

A pattern is something known, it can be static and predictable but there are patterns that are known but not predictable, like the Market which is the firm, steady and reliable base for the worlds economy and so on. Patterns that are definitely NOT static got to be defined as dynamic. If you can tell how something will be in the next second, then it is predictable and in a static process. Every businessman shout for a free and open, unpredictable market but all he does is in practice is trying to avoid the unpredictable and to close out his competitors. If the Market were static and predictable, there would not exist something like risk revenue or true competition. To get a static and predictable market we would need a planned economy with a fixed rate of interest which is nothing else than just boring like hell.

Gravitation is known and predictable. Humour is well known but not predictable and therefore dynamic.

We all know that Marshas next contribution is not predictable and therefore dynamic but does she also got a sense of humour?

Have a nice die

J-A