[MD] Posting in Dynamic Quality Format

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:37:23 PDT 2011

Hi All,
It has been said that communication through writing lies within the
realm of static quality.  Certainly it can be said that it is based on
Subject/Object grammar.  How then do we point to dynamic quality,
without getting stuck in these circular discussions which only point
towards themselves?

I propose that there is a method in writing which is based on Dynamic
Quality.  In fact there are many methods being used today with such a
basis.  Train of thought, or automatic writing is one of those.  Often
I have to read my posts after I have written them to see what I said.
In this way writing is more like talking in the present tense, in the
moment.

So, what does this look like when we are relating something that
happened in the past?  Well, we must remember that things that
happened in the past were happening in the present at one time.  By
present I mean that infinitesimal (non-existent) fraction of time that
we live in.  In order to explain this, I will use an example that has
nothing to do with MoQ, since that is much more difficult.  I will
choose the following sentence written in standard past-tense grammar,
and convert it to dynamic quality format.

"The lovestruck man swam across the cold river to be with his expectant lover."

OK with that?  Now here is the Dynamic Quality Format:

"Feeling alone and despondent, the intensity of desire was building.
Each step brought him closer to that object of his desire until he was
met by a cold river which presented a barrier.  Yet, his wanting
pushed him forward.  As he entered, the cold began to travel up his
body until he was completely free of suffocating heat.  Arm over arm
he entered into a mesmerized state where each moment was unique and
separate from the previous.  He had no idea how long he was in this
state, but found himself surfacing at the shore, and the spellbinding
cold was replaced slowly with heat once more.  This much closer, he
moved slowly towards that which he sought in order to satisfy the
longing which had held him for so long.  This was the woman who was
expecting him."

So, why do I call this "writing in Dynamic Quality format"?  It is
simply because as one read this, everything is opening up to the
reader as happening in the moment.  The subjects and objects are
revealed as they happen.  It is not until the end of the sentence that
the beginning is defined.  This is the way life works if we live in
the dynamic moment.  Each moment defines those that occurred
previously.

Give it a try and see what you guys come up with!

Cheers,
Mark