[MD] cloud of probability

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:58:07 PDT 2011

Hello everyone

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Andre Broersen <andrebroersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan to Mark:
>
>> From my point of view, you have a tendency to talk down to me, which I
>> find very irritating. You seem to fancy yourself as some kind of savant
>> bestowing knowledge on poor misguided uninformed people like
>
> me.
>
> Andre:
> Awhile ago Dan, Mark informed us that when he was four years old he was
> contemplating the vastness and meaning of the universe. I told him that at
> that time, when I was four years old, I was sucking my thumb... with a hanky
> which, the dirtier, smellier and older it got was the best. I mean THAT was
> biological quality!!
>
> It seems that Mark has skipped that stage.
>
> It seems he has also skipped the social stage. I just noticed he is
> virtually accusing you of putting together Lila's Child for the money ,
> parasiting on other people's input and having done nothing for it yourself
> in return.
>
> Having the book in my library (Thank you Anthony!!) and having caught,
> through some of your posts, an idea of the effort and sacrifice and
> commitment you have gone through in producing this invaluable record, I can
> only say that Mark is an insensitive bastard who is incapable of
> appreciating the work, effort, love and commitment that went into
> this...acknowledged and stimulated, supported and reinforced by Mr. Pirsig
> himself with his annotations and comments.
>
> To be kind to Mark, I put it down to ignorance....................which
> still is no excuse!
>
> If I haven't done this before Dan: Thank you!

Dan:

Why, thank you, Andre! Lila's Child was and is a labor of love. The
money means very little. To be honest, based on the time I put into LC
and the money that it has generated, I figure I've earned about a buck
an hour. Not too many people work for a dollar an hour these days, do
they...

It pleases me that others find value there.

Thanks again,

Dan