[MD] cloud of probability

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:10:48 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Dan Glover <daneglover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark
>
> Actually, since you ask, I've published four other books besides
> LILA'S CHILD... Kindle shorts, it's true, but still I bet that's four
> more than you've published. Just search Amazon under Dan Glover and
> you'll find them all ready to be downloaded. And they're only .99 a
> piece. See, I am not all about money.
>
> And for the record, I have repeatedly recognized and thanked all the
> contributors (including Robert Pirsig) involved in LC. If you bothered
> reading the archives you might see that. LC was published nearly ten
> years ago, a long time before you showed up here.
>
> And also, for the record, I could care less if you have a problem or
> not. Sounds like a case of green-eyed envy to me.

Hi Dan,
I am glad to hear that you have other books.  I would assume that they
are not dealing with metaphysics, but I will do a search for them.  My
previous response was to your claim that you have provided knowledge.
>From my reading of Lila's Child, this does not appear to be true.
Certainly I am grateful that you compiled the MoQ posts so that I do
not have to go through the files.  I would also have to assume that
you left much out, as you would have to, to make the project
manageable.

I do not have the time to spend on a book.  That is too much time
spent in the static world of words.  I know it is difficult since I
spend such time writing research articles.  While this was useful for
getting grants, and providing to the scientific community.  I do not
think these would be of interest to you but are more about analytical
chemistry than anything else.  I did do some work on brain chemistry,
and published my first pear reviewed paper in 1981.  I also wrote a
chapter in a book concerned with serotonin receptors in 1983.
Serotonin is indeed interesting since it is the major neurotransmitter
involved in what we call consciousness.  But I will not bore you with
all that mundane stuff.

The problem that I see is that MoQ has become quite stagnant.  Pirsig
says as much in an interview with him posted in the MoQ site.  I can
only blame a few individuals for this, and those are the ones who have
maintained a presence in this discuss forum and are trying to throttle
it.  I was sad to see Platt go, but I could understand why.  I'm not
sure if he is still on the Council of MoQ.  It is important not to
remain simply with the words of Pirsig written about 20 years ago.
This was not his hope as he states.  If this is your objective, I can
only object to it.  If you have something new to say about MoQ that
you have come to realize, I would be the first to congratulate you on
it.

All the best,
Mark