[MD] causation

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Thu Jun 16 01:53:45 PDT 2011

Greetings,

I see cause, effect and often a myriad of required, supporting conditions,
all interdependent and having extended causes and conditions.  All are
in a state of change.

Where and why and how are the cuts made to disentangle some
interdependencies and not others?  Maybe to accommodate the belief in
free will?

Wasn't it Wittgenstein that suggested that philosophy is a word game?
But it's interesting!  And there is important information to be gained:
it's not this, it's not that.  And what I don't know just grows exponentially,
and such discoveries never cease to be amazing.

(My attempt to contribute some ambiguous anecdotes.)

Marsha

On Jun 16, 2011, at 3:30 AM, MarshaV wrote:

> I can't help but wonder...
>
> The topic seems all wrong.   Isn't the notion of free will (an intellectual
> static pattern of value) dependent the acceptance of causation?  MY
> CHOICE WILLED is the CAUSE of such-and-such independent EFFECT?
>
> Putting aside what it appears like for "normal people," is this true?
> Based on what?
>

> Marsha
>

> ___

___