[MD] Free Will

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:40:35 PDT 2011

I guess that's one way of looking at it, Horse.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Horse <horse at darkstar.uk.net> wrote:

> So we're kind of back to the idea that 'Free Will' is an illusion!
>
> Horse

But I ask again, one and all, what good does it do to think free will is
illusory?  How does it help us, pragmatically speaking, to choose that
viewpoint?  I have one strong objection right at the top.  Making the choice
of believing free will does not exist, is a self-contradiction because
making free choices is what free will is all about and to freely choose the
absence of freely choosing, seems ludicrous to me.

But then, so much does.

Take care,

John