[MD] The notion of Free Will

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Mon Jun 27 23:30:34 PDT 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 1:40 AM, Jan-Anders Andersson wrote:

> Hi Marsha
>
> 27 jun 2011 kl. 18.44 sMarsha wrote:
>
>> Not to be repeating myself, I neither accept the notion of freewill, nor reject it.  Same goes with determinism and causation.  I accept that these are conventional (static) notions, but not Ultimately real.  While living within a conventional culture it seems wise to sustain social and biological patterns whenever necessary for one will be held responsible to that level's "moral" code (laws and punishment. )
>
> Even if you neither accept nor reject it. I really would like to understand what you mean with "The notion of Free Will". Please.
>
> Jan-Anders

Marsha,

It means whatever it conventional means.  What is the meaning of the pattern named Justice?  How would you describe its meaning?  How would you describe the meaning of any pattern.   I understand static patterns to represent a collection of interdependent, ever-changing particular momentary events (process) which constantly change as they arise, abide and pass away: and as they are continually altered by an individual’s static history and the dynamics of the event.  I have mentioned before that I tend also to think of patterns, pattern(x) for instance, to include all-that-is opposite-from-non-pattern(x).  That may include a dictionary definition.  -  The horns of a rabbit might be a static notion or pattern.

How well do you think you understand my explanation?

Marsha

___