[MD] Static patterns are ever-changing?!? i

ADRIE KINTZIGER parser666 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 14:27:06 PDT 2013

Adrie

-------------
discourse Arlo/dmb/dm, "Turner"(quoted)

As if he was writing directly to you, Turner states, "Related to this is
the debate about whether static patterns are “real” or “merely conceptual.”
Sound familiar? Turner continues, "Again, both positions are supported by
one of the two contexts so a “final answer” cannot be given.  Rather, one
must select the context which is of most value for the current purpose.  In
most cases, with respect to going about daily life, it is most valuable to
ASSUME [emphasis- Arlo], as per context (2), that static patterns, and the
things contained within them, are real (and follow the laws and rules
appropriate to the level in which they reside)."

model dependent realism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-dependent_realism

Pirsig was very correct to propose two models with overlapping fields. Mr
Turners document does not contain one single mistake,
nor is there a flaw in the models.But however it is true that the evolving
reality is at least partially to be awaited,ie,undefined in the future.
there are no models that are perfect or contain the full monty of 100%
realitymirroring.

I was following the debate very toughtfully.

to say the least , Dm has a philosophikal point that is worth investigating
, -pre-conceptual-,as if it should be interesting(it schould)!
to abstract pre-conceptual out of the generalisations it is sheltering in
for too long.Not as a widget to inject it in the models, but as a stand
alone proposal to investigate a philosophical missing link.It does not have
to be som, but subject /object reasoning is sometimes a better nuance to
speak about physikal entity's.

Please understand, Buchanan is correct that this does not belong in the
Moq,and imho , as a derivate it will fail to fit the proposed models.
it is not my opinion however that Mr turner intended to rule out -pre
conceptual-nor did Pirsig, Pirsig overruled it.

Adrie

--
parser