[MD] Static Patterns Rock!

Craig Erb craig_erb at ymail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:02:37 PDT 2013

"pure experience is a continuous flow of perceptions."

 Not exactly.  How about the experience of happiness?  Or dreams?

[DMB]
> If the baby ignores this force of Dynamic Quality [the flux of > experience] ..., but if he is normally attentive to Dynamic
> Quality he will soon begin to notice differences and then
> correlations between the differences and then repetitive
> patterns of the correlations.

[DM]
> so repetitive patterns are noticed by babies,  before [they]
> get to concept[s]...

As amoebae differentiate between water & acid without concepts.  (Though admittedly all this is just a theory.)
A crucial question is: what is it about the flux of experience that allows for having the same experience?
Say at time t1 there is flux F1 where I experience a newspaper on the coffee table, at t2 flux F2
where I experiencethe newspaper on the coffee table & at t4 flux F4
where I do not experience the newspaper on the coffee table.
 It can't be that the undifferentiated F1 is similar to F2 but differs from F4,
because if the fluxa are undifferentiated,they can have no similarities or differences.
And if someone else comes at t3 with flux F3 and takes the newspaper from the coffee table,
how does this affect flux F4?
Craig