[MD] Static Patterns Rock!

Jan Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Tue Oct 8 04:03:15 PDT 2013

Hi All

I think the only "preconceptual pattern" before experience there are, must be based on an individual choice of the ultimate motivator for the creation and evolution. A basic meme, statistical chance, the selfish gene, God, Good or something else. It can also be based on the level of understanding that is deepened for every new discovery. "The day he experienced that there where no small engineer living inside the clock he was amazed over his new discovery of how wonderful the science of mechanics showed up to him."

"Quality can be equated with God, but I don’t like to do so. ‘God’, to most people, is a set of static intellectual and social patterns. Only true religious mystics can correctly equate God with Dynamic Quality. In the West, particularly around universities, these people are quite rare." RMP. Letter to Anthony McWatt, September 11th 1994

DM may have a point in that he maybe suspect that there are more there than he can understand at the moment. Dmb is very very correct about the diffenece between DQ and SQ but that doesn't mean that Marsha, DM or other will understand at the moment. They just sort of went into the wrong class.

Value to me, and according to the laws of Thermodynamics, is based upon three independent parameters: Amount, character and what is it compared to. Experiencing is valueing. A balanced experience in the three aspects is good while an unbalanced is bad because it leads to a worse experience in the next moment. In the other hand, Goodness, is balancing and slowing down evolution while cracks and anomalies starts a new process. "Always two of them there are", Master Yoda.

Static Quality is the answer to the question What?
Dynamic Quality is the answer to the question How?
It feels so good to hug and kiss my darling but Why?

Jan-Anders