[MD] Static Patterns Rock!

David Morey davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 05:58:37 PDT 2013

Hi Ian

I certainly agree,  science is great with SQ,  measuring,  quantifying,  finding the maths to model and predict rates of change,  etc,  there is also interesting ideas about causality and explanations about how levels relate in science,  but whilst staring at and conceptualising all the SQ it can miss the bigger picture that a philosophy of experience can provide,  the islands pop out of and disappear back into the great sea of change, the sea is the power driving the islands to become and be-go,  regularities and patterns seem to follow rules and laws,  but that is a time frame illusion,  everything changes,  first becoming and then disappearing again,  why is there this constant change, can we explain it,  not really,  it just is,  it changes because it can,  does it pursue what is better,  sometimes it clearly does,  does it take back its own achieved goods,  it clearly does, does it toy with evil, it seems to, is the totality of the world fragmented and struggling with ignorance,  hard to deny. Good to know where the sheltering islands are and what they have to offer,  but forget the sea at your peril, and the sublime experiences it also provides. It is wrong to personify DQ and SQ, but you can see that much religion is a confused and personified projection onto god of the qualities of SQ and DQ, asking what to value,  trying to work out the rules, fear and love of cosmic powers of creation and destruction. Where religion,  however warped, points towards the full range of DQ and SQ aspects,  science is more biased to SQ,  to understanding regularities and Laws, in a wsy a western offshoot of the obsessions of Christianity, and our politics of protestant individualism,  in the East they remained closure to DQ it seems. Is MOQ a new form of secularism, secularism without scientism? Is scientism SQ science without DQ?

Thoughts?

David M