[MD] Fwd: Re: Static Patterns Rock!

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 10:49:09 PDT 2013

DM said to Ron:
The pre-conceptual patterns I recognise are found in experience,...

Andre:
Trying to grasp what you are asserting David...and what I come up with
is that the 'pre-conceptual patterns' you talk about are what is brought
INTO the experience by the experiencer. This leads me to think that the
'primary experience' you talk of is not that 'primary'. If, what you
assert is correct then we are only one step away from determinism
(unless I completely misunderstand your assertion).

DM continues:
...For me primary experience is dynamic and static not just dynamic,
simple idea really,...

Andre:
Thanks for the clarification David. For me 'primary experience' is not
static. All 'static' is derived from DQ (your 'primary experience'??).

DM:
...sure DQ dominates, may be prior to the SQ-DQ mix, but for any complex
experience to get going we need both, and concepts and language come later.

Andre:
We go through  quite a 'complex' experience every 24 hours David. We
wake,sleep and dream, sleep and do not dream and wake again. I have
always been astounded by what Ramana Maharshi said about this cycle. He
said: anything that is not found in deep dreamless sleep is not real.
Quite a statement. When DQ is all, there is no experience (the
experiencer and that which is experienced dissolves). What can one speak
of then? The experiencer experiences experience? This is silly. The
experiencer experiences itself? Nothing left to talk about. No
experiencer, no consciousness... nothing...only afterwards. And nobody,
ever, from the greatest sage/saint to the lesser has ever talked about
the 'content' of this experience. Simple idea really: there is nothing
to talk about.