[MD] Fwd: Re: Static Patterns Rock!

David Morey davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 16:13:17 PDT 2013

Hi DMB

Yes if you replace undifferentiated with unconceptualised I have no great problem with that paragraph, but that is exactly my point, if there is variable response going on to DQ with no SQ,  then how can this be described as undifferentiated,  difference is making a difference because response is varied and not uniform. You clearly see this problem otherwise why else change the word,  I object to this muddle where you think conceptual and differentiated and patterned all mean the same,   well why not stick to one term,  I am perfectly happy with a talk about the undifferentiated flux and fundamental wholeness of DQ, pattern and difference break out of this,  it is the difference that makes a difference,  if DQ is full of content, is all about variable response then what is this content, it is probably best to see this as patterned,  as SQ,  but is clearly prior to concepts,  language and culture so due to your association of SQ with concepts you seem to be unable to admit all this content that is so open to varied response must be patterned or SQ, you seem to agree that it exists but can't name it, not being able to name it is exactly what pre-conceptual means,  unlike your polemics I am starting to think our dispute is simply about what words are appropriate,  but I still think your use of terms is very questionable, collapsing different words into one meaning,  and pretending perfectly sensible formulations like pre-conceptual have nowhere to go. What you say is just not consistent,  you agree squares are squares,  triangles are triangles,  but circles can't exist there are only squares and triangles,  even though having no straight lines is DQ and being round is SQ,  if we put non-conceptual and pattern together this is the third possibility or a circle but your definition of SQ and DQ rules out what in every other way you agree exists. I largely agree with what you say about SQ and DQ although you like to pretend I don't and would like to have me cast out of your fiefdom,  such defensive self-doubting behaviour, so you cannot deal with what I believe is an obvious content of experience,  pre-conceptual regularity or difference,  an aporia it seems. But if you want to keep this weakness in the MOQ keep it,  but I warned you.9