[MD] Static Patterns Rock!

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Mon Oct 14 10:35:42 PDT 2013

Andre,

On Oct 14, 2013, at 1:08 PM, Andre Broersen wrote:

>> Marsha to Andre:
>> The static world is not an illusion, the static world is like an illusion.
>>
>>      All conditioned dharmas
>>      Are like dreams, illusions, bubbles, shadows,
>>      Like dew drops and a lightning flash.
>>      Contemplate them thus.
>>                (The Diamond Sutra)
>>
> Andre:
> Do you believe that the atomic bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were illusory?
>
> Marsha:
> They were/are as conventionally real, as "real as rocks and trees".
>
> Andre:
> I am not familiar with Pirsig's use of the 'conventionally real' phrase in the MoQ.

Marsha:
Change the term from 'conventional' to the term 'conditional', and see if that helps.  Have you read the MoQ Textbook?

I wasn't familiar with this MoQ ditty:

'The world is an illusion
Brahman alone is real
Brahman is the world'

I am unfamiliar with RMP's use of 'Brahman'.  Please explain how this relates to anything?

> Andre:
> Basically the MoQ consists of DQ/sq. So from the MoQ perspective I'll ask the question once again:
>
> 'Do you believe that the atomic bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were illusory?'

Marsha:
They were/are as conditionally real, as "real as rocks and trees".  If you want more than that, then I don't know.

Marsha

___