[MD] Zen at War

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Tue Oct 22 11:47:54 PDT 2013

Andre,

I stated that the "atomic bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki", and by proxy the 'static world',j are 'conventionally' or 'conditionally' real.  That should have satisfied you.

Marsha

>>> Re: [MD] Static Patterns Rock!
>>> On Oct 13, 2013, at 4:52 AM, Andre Broersen <andrebroersen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Marsha to Andre:
>>> Since you are not a mind-reader, those labels are merely a projection coming from your own mind.
>>>
>>> Andre:
>>> Not really. They arise from reading your throw away comments in your posts. Are we not suppose to use words and sentences as creatively as we can, even going so far as 'reading between the lines' to get to the gist (if need be) of what the other poster is trying to communicate? So that we try and do our best to understand, as clearly as possible, the other poster's message?
>>>
>>> Oh. Oops. I just remembered, you think that words are a prison. Oh well, that clarifies a few things.
>>>
>>> But, to you 'it matters little'. I am beginning to wonder if anything matters to you at all since all sq is hypothetical to you. This is what you generate strongly in and through your posts.
>>>
>>> 'The world is an illusion
>>> Brahman alone is real
>>> Brahman is the world'
>>>
>>> You pay no attention whatsoever to the last sentence of this 3-line assertion. Doing this would help clarify the first line.

>>> Re: [MD] Static Patterns Rock!
>>> On Oct 13, 2013, at 5:14 AM, MarshaV wrote:
>>>

>>> Andre,
>>>
>>> The static world is not an illusion, the static world is like an illusion.
>>>
>>>      All conditioned dharmas
>>>       Are like dreams, illusions, bubbles, shadows,
>>>       Like dew drops and a lightning flash.
>>>       Contemplate them thus.
>>>                 (The Diamond Sutra)
>>>

>>> Marsha

Andre's then asked:
Do you believe that the atomic bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were illusory?

> Re: [MD] Static Patterns Rock!
> On Oct 13, 2013, at 3:26 PM, MarshaV wrote:

> Marsha:
> They are conventionally real, as "real as rocks and trees".

> Re: [MD] Static Patterns Rock!
> On Oct 17, 2013, at 4:57 AM, MarshaV wrote:
>
> Marsha:
> All conceptions and mental images that "atomic bombs that dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki" might signify are a counterfeit of the actual event.  It is in this understanding that I say it is "like" an illusion.

> Re: [MD] Static Patterns Rock!
> On Oct 17, 2013, at 2:35 PM, MarshaV wrote:
>
> Marsha:
> Would you like to ask for my moral evaluation of this philosophical isolate?

___