[MD] similar to ZAMM/Phaedrus/Pirsig?

alyosha at bostoncoop.net alyosha at bostoncoop.net
Fri Aug 15 08:51:37 PDT 2014

Hi there --

I'm searching for a book or person similar to ZAMM/Phaedrus/Pirsig, and
would love to hear your ideas. Please take "similar" in any way you wish
-- it doesn't have to mean "as good as", and could be non- or fiction. In
addition, i'm especially interested in a "wisdom-seeker" who makes use of
western philosophy, as opposed to the more common seeker-ish stories
centered on personal psychology, family/ethnicity, New Age spirituality,
etc. And please point me if this topic has been discussed somewhere
already.

Thank you so much,
alyosha