[MD] Greetings and Happy New Year

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 11:32:19 PST 2014

I had applied to Horse and was waiting for news of acceptance for about a
week, when I finally noticed an old filter over on the sidebar of gmail,
that I remembered setting up to keep MD out of my in box and in it's own
category.  Oops.

I was sorry to hear about Marsha.  I'd been missing Marsha was one reason I
came back to MD.  We never hear from Marsha at LS, she doesn't adulterate
at all where even horse popped his head over the door occasionally.  Which
I encourage others to join.  I think a two-fold approach is a good idea,
one classic, one romantic and it would keep silly nonesense in one sphere
and solid discussion in another.  People could choose to their mood and not
have the wrong stuff foisted on 'em.  And I always hoped Marsha would join
over there.  Isn't Lila her model and mode?

But oh well.  People rarely listen to my advice and the longer they know
me, the less likely they are to take it So I can't complain.   I'm glad to
be back anyway and hoping for more cordial relations with all.  I was
heavily influenced by a passage in a
book<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Metaphysical_Club:_A_Story_of_Ideas_in_America>I
recently read,  that described an interaction between John Dewey and
Jane
Addams wherein Addams convinced Dewey of her belief that antagonism is,
metaphysically speaking,  illusory.

I thought about that a bit and I realized I really liked the idea.  Who
wouldn't want to live in a world without antagonism?  So I'm going to
commit myself to that idea and see if I can't be more productive in my
interactions.  A new year's resolution, if you will.

John