[MD] Greetings and Happy New Year

Ian Glendinning ian.glendinning at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 12:13:24 PST 2014

John, when you say "LS" you mean the Google Group called Lila Squad or
another site (one of many blog & forum attempts with the Lila Squad
name) ?

So far as I can see the LSGG is same old same old - Bo calling
everyone SOMists and Platt egging him on with anti-democratic rants ?
That plus resurrection of 200 year old philosophic problems long since
solved, and a lot of unfiltered spam. (Surprisingly I've tried to
r-engage Bo a few times in the last couple of years, but all he ever
does is hurl ignorant insults.)

Anyway, incidentally after posting on only a handful of threads on MD
in the last couple of years I too was heard to remark in December on
seeing a Marsha conversation with Dan that "it was great to be
reminded of why I remained subscribed to MD".

Sadly very few people on any related discussion site actually listen
to any post 1980's contributions. Each finds a refuge on which to
argue their own points on their own terms - as if antagonism was the
point of the exercise.Twas ever thus.

I've concluded editorially managed channels are the only hope for
constructive progress, and there are plenty of those around.
Ian