[MD] Art and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:46:41 PST 2014

Ian,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Ian Glendinning
<ian.glendinning at gmail.com>wrote:

> Fair enough John, but that was mainly about the Tim / Spam situation - yes?

Yes.

> My "roll-eyes" was specific to the Andre / Joe exchange - and
> incidentally was the most polite response I could be bothered to think
> of.

Right.  The application of the problem I had to your roll-eyes was one I
explicitly made.

> The limits of whacky / playful / neurotic tolerance are simply
> pragmatic - you can only care so much, eventually someone has to wash
> some pots.

Well I feel I can sense when people are sincerely engaged in discourse to
clarify understanding and when they just got them an egoistic axe to
grind.  But as Platt always said, I could be wrong.

John