[MD] George Steiner interview

David Morey davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 05:20:09 PST 2014

Thanks Dave that is great,  George's Grammars of Creation is a great book about transcendence if you fancy it,  all about the need to think about what may or may not lie beyond experience and how important this has been in human culture, this is not to devalue experience but it does suggest how speculating what might be beyond experience or what might be the source of experience is unavoidable when it comes to making the best sense we can of experience. An interesting work that could, given an open mind,  help develop the MOQ beyond some of its self-imposed limitations as I see it. Of course,  George has also written about Heidegger as an alternative opponent of SOM so he is well aware of SOM problematics,  but like me he thinks that post-SOM thinking does not imply some sort of positivist prison of experience,  no matter how important it is to recognise what it is that we do and do not actually experience.

All the best
David M