[MD] 42

david dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:03:08 PST 2014

John said to dmb:
...demonization polarizes and makes change into a power struggle and conservatives insist upon having all the guns so it's a losing strategy. ...And I believe we've all fallen prey to that same bug-a-boo of demonizing opposition.  3rd level and 4th do often conflict, but they are intricately interwoven and it might be more accurately analogized as a dance, rather than a fight.

dmb says:
Pirsig describes this conflict as a century long hurricane involving war and lesser ideological conflicts involved. To call it a "dance" is pretty far off the mark, I think. It also seems quite inaccurate and more than a little condescending to characterize my complaints as a "demonization" or polarization, especially since I was complaining about the demonization of Dewey.

Check this out. Dewey, creative education and real democracy - in less than three minutes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdV2YMpF0tA