[MD] The World Without Us

Craig Erb craig_erb at ymail.com
Tue Jan 28 23:35:44 PST 2014

In 2007 Alan Weisman wrotea book entitled The World Without Us.  It examined from a scientific SOM perspective what the world would be like without us: skyscrapers would fall, dams would crumble, etc.  We can do better from an MoQ perspective.  Imagine the human race dying out.  As populations shrunk, there would be diminished opportunity for division of labor.  Survival would be paramount: intellectual and artistic endeavors would fade away.  Large scale social institutions like nations and universities would devolve into villages and one-on-one mentoring.  Eventually there would be the last surviving person straining to remember what made him human. And inevitably that person would die.  What would be left?

I iron filings still value movement towards magnets; amoebae still back away from acid; platypi still mate with other platypi

II There is reality but no differentiation

III Reality ceases

The future of the MoQ depends on the answer.
Craig