[MD] The World Without Us

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 08:34:27 PST 2014

Craig,

Well if the fate of the MoQ depends upon it, I'll do my best to answer,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Craig Erb <craig_erb at ymail.com> wrote:

> In 2007 Alan Weisman wrotea book entitled The World Without Us.  It
> examined from a scientific SOM perspective what the world would be like
> without us: skyscrapers would fall, dams would crumble, etc.  We can do
> better from an MoQ perspective.  Imagine the human race dying out.  As
> populations shrunk, there would be diminished opportunity for division of
> labor.  Survival would be paramount: intellectual and artistic endeavors
> would fade away.

John:  I'm not sure about that Craig.  Survival has always been an
important consideration through out the history of man.  But art and
philosophy have persisted in their many forms.  But I agree that if
everybody dies, it would die with them.  I hear that the levels are
independent of actual individuals but I doubt they are all that independent
to keep on going after the humans are gone.

Craig:

> Large scale social institutions like nations and universities would
> devolve into villages and one-on-one mentoring.  Eventually there would be
> the last surviving person straining to remember what made him human. And
> inevitably that person would die.  What would be left?
>
> I iron filings still value movement towards magnets; amoebae still back
> away from acid; platypi still mate with other platypi
>
> II There is reality but no differentiation
>
> III Reality ceases
>
> The future of the MoQ depends on the answer.

Dr. Lanza would disagree.  He says reality is based upon animal
perception.  as long as there are animals, there's a reality.

John