[MD] Anti-intellectualism revisited

Jan Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Wed Jun 4 02:11:02 PDT 2014

Dear John

Maybe you should rather go and get a fish license for your pet halibut.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnq96W9jtuw
But I ain't that mean, I prefer to try to find a constructive way. I don't think you are so stupid.

I have followed your appearance here for a while. It is quite obvious to me that you don't use your own brain rationally. You seem to be stuck by the outer fields of your automatic thinking, called "System 1" by Daniel Kahneman. You seem to be convinced that you see everything there is to see.

To reach yor own mind and get your "System 2" started I'd suggest some excercises. (Yes, I know that if things like this spread, it will in the end start a couple of religious sects, but most of them looney and lonely people would do something stupid like that anyway)

1. Stop using any kind of drugs. Stop kidding people around you. Don't fool yourself.

2. Take just any object into your hand and hold your attention to it for some minutes. Not too long because you may drop it.

3. Notice its weight, its size and the power you must use to hold it.

4. When you can do that, redirect your attention to its form, long or round, squared or thin, what material it is made of etc.

6. When you can do that it is time to think about what you might be able to use it for. How can it possibly be applied? What skills are neccessary and so on. Who's going to pay for the work? When is the right time for it?

8. Repeat this little excercise once a day. (and try to avoid starting a religious sect called "The Holy Forklifters" will you, please.)

You see, by this little excercise you soon will be well experienced and aware of how DQ is at least divided in three. You can't do anything against that, but you might be able to use it wherever it's handy. Motorcycle maintenance, writing good contributions to MD or applying for a space at the local funny farm.

Dont forget to read Lila once again.

Best wishes

Jan-Anders