[MD] Henry Miller & Anaïs Nin

Jan Anders Andersson jananderses at telia.com
Wed Oct 8 00:55:21 PDT 2014

Ant

I don’t believe in resurrection in the traditional way, so, living a life without knowing Anaïs Nin deserves another life to correct that mistake.

She are the better I think. Miller writes better drama but Nin is the one who knows the human soul and the female patterns more intense.
Miller is the better novelist. Nin published her diaries incomplete, because she didn’t want her husband to know what really happened between her and Miller. In fact she was working with two versions, one that her husband could read and one that was secret, but not for Henry…

So, reading her serie of Diaries, is a marvelous adventure, until you realize that there was just so much more. But you have to read the original story first to appreciate the secrets. The secret diaries are still under process, I think there are four published yet and more to come. Those of us on earth that want to get the whole story have to be patient and get a long life.

A good way to start I think is with Diaries, Volume I, or, with ”A casebook on Anaïs Nin” by Robert Zaller. It is published in 1974 so Zaller didn’t know anything about her secret parts yet…:-)
Nin died in 1977. The secret diaries was published by her wlll, after her husband died 1985, beginning with ”Henry and June”.

Best wishes

Jan-Anders