[MD] Bruno Latour

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:39:19 PDT 2015

A very perceptive critique of critique, and a most MoQish attitude, imho.

http://www.bruno-latour.fr/sites/default/files/89-CRITICAL-INQUIRY-GB.pdf

“The question was never to get away from facts but closer to them, not
fighting empiricism but, on the contrary, renewing empiricism.  What I am
going to argue is that the critical mind, if it is to renew itself and be
relevant again, is to be found in the cultivation of a stubbornly realist
attitude—to speak like William James—but a realism dealing with what I will
call matters of concern, not matters of fact.”

Matters of Concern = Matters of Caring?

John