[MD] Julian Baggini: This is what the clash of civilisations is really about

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:43:56 PDT 2015

Ron,

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Ron Kulp <xacto at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> John,
> I'm not sure how logical systems fit
> Into the comment. All I was trying to playfully point out is that by
> virtue of considering ALL ideas equally and sifting through them with a
> critical eye, you are going to have to deal with the assholes pranksters
> fools
> And the simple minded. You know,
> Morons.

my first reaction is "duh" but that's been overused and I'd hate to fall
into any moronic static pattern.  But on second thought, yeah, duh.  If
you're an intelligent person, that's just life - dealing with asshole
prankster fools and simple-minded.   Yup.  Morons.  What choice do we
have?  You could lock yourself up in a room but as we all know from
experience, somebody comes knocking, sooner or later.

And even if you could keep out all the morons, you can't keep out
yourself.  Everybody is moronic about something.

For instance, I assumed ever since the Trauner fire verdict
<http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/PG-E-Faces-Charges-Over-Fire-Safety-Nevada-3026642.php>,
PG&E kept their high voltage poles pretty clear but last Friday night as we
lay in bed, Lu and I heard a car frantically honking and when she looked
out the window she saw a huge fire on the corner of our property.
Fortunately, it was put out pretty quickly but it seemed to take forever
for the firemen to get there and it ate our Comcast box so we didn't have
internet all weekend.  All that brush and tree limbs should have been
cleared away.  I'm sure an old landscaping pro such as yourself would have
seen that coming but it took me by complete surprise.

A pillar of fire, out of the blue.

John