[MD] Julian Baggini: This is what the clash of civilisations is really about

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 21:53:47 PDT 2015

John,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM, John Carl <ridgecoyote at gmail.com> wrote:
> backlash is exactly what it is, Dan.
>
> Dan:
> Exactly. And when you see the folks who are rushing to defend Davis
> and to trumpet Trump, you can begin to understand the huge divides
> between so-called red and blue states. Maybe it's a backlash against
> the intellectualism of President Obama... these haters have waited a
> long time to come out in force and they seem to sense this is their
> time. Luckily, I do believe they are in the minority even though they
> speak the loudest.
> ----------
>JC:
> So the opponents of Herr Hitler, comforted themselves for a while.
> Get your head out of the sand, Dan.  The reactionaries are far more
> significant than you imagine.

Dan:
How do you know what I imagine? John... are you using some sort of
mind probe? Should I dust off my tinfoil cap and start wearing it
again?

>JC:
> And do you know whom else, Trump is popular with?  Russians.  The
> Kremlin.  Just heard that on NPR and it makes sense to me.  So you
> might see him as completely different, but both Trump and Vladimir see
> in each other, kindred spirits.  Business is business.  a very Russian
> attitude.

Dan:
Well, if you heard it on NPR that must make it right... right? I don't
know how Trump and Putin see each other but judging from their
backgrounds I'm guessing Putin views Trump as a person he could easily
manipulate while Trump views Putin as just another animal to be put in
its place. Kindred spirits? Highly unlikely. But that's just a guess.

Dan

http://www.danglover.com