[MD] On Pirsig's letter to Paul Turner

david dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:59:46 PDT 2016

________________________________
Tuukka Virtaperko said: "In his letter Pirsig also mentions that the argument that the Metaphysics of Quality is not an intellectual formulation is not clear to him.

dmb says:

As I read it, Pirsig was referring to the assertion that subject-object dualism is equal to the intellectual level and since the MOQ rejects subject-object dualism, the MOQ is beyond the intellectual level. When Pirsig says this assertion "is not clear to him," he is politely saying that the assertion makes no sense. I'm fairly certain that Pirsig is right about that.

Thanks.

--
parser